Leichtmetall and promeos® ensure optimum continuous casting – good for the operator, the aluminum and the environment.
Continuous casting is Leichtmetall’s business: not less than 30 molds are fed via a 6m long distribution launder, a real challenge for quality and temperature management.
The aluminum bolts for extrusion or forging processes are manufactured using the Vertical Direct Chill Casting process. Molten aluminum is distributed over several water-cooled molds. An evenly and well heated tundish is the key to a smooth casting process and high product quality.
That’s why promeos® was commissioned by Leichtmetall to develop a solution that would make this possible. And promeos delivered – heatelligence® all along the line!
A tailor-made line burner system with integrated flameless promeos® burners covers the entire channel. The 120 kW output power ensures homogeneous heating to the target temperature of 750 °C. And that in just 30 minutes!
Above all, Leichtmetall appreciates the short preheating time, which “significantly increases productivity and enabled flexible operation”, as emphasized by Mr. Cetinkaya, Head of Maintenance at Leichtmetall.
With the new promeos® channel heating, several stress factors have been reduced at the same time:
- The optimal temperature level in the launder avoids the “freezing” (uncontrolled cooling) of the melt.
- The even temperature distribution along the whole ensures consistently high product quality in all billets.
- The flame-free technology avoids hotspots and thus ensures a significant increase in the service life of the refractory lining.
- The precise temperature control allows a more dynamic and therefore better process control.
- And finally, the innovative burner technology delivers maximum efficiency with minimum emissions.
Do you also have a demanding heating task? We know heat and look forward to your inquiry.